The Board of Directors and leadership team have been following federal, state and local health authority guidance with regard to the COVID-19 outbreak. After thoughtful deliberation, we have decided to postpone the Spring All-Day Auction. A postponement (as opposed to cancellation) will give us flexibility to reschedule the auction as we learn more.
Given the uncertainty about the rate of spread of the disease, and working under the assumption that we may be facing an acute health crisis for 3 months or more, we are also evaluating our options with regard to the 60th Anniversary Extravaganza & ShrimpFest and June meetings. We will make decisions about May and beyond as more data become available. Michael and I will be working diligently with the Committee Chairs and leadership team to minimize losses to the club.
The Board will not be rushing to judgment but proceeding rationally and prudently. The health and well-being of our members and guests will take precedence over every other consideration. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate reach out to us through the Contact form on this website or through the Chat function.